1. The passive voice should not be used.
2. Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.
3. Don’t repeat yourself, or say again what you have said before.
4. Who needs rhetorical questions?
5. Don’t use commas, that, are not, necessary.
6. Do not use hyperbole; not one in a million can do it effectively.
7. Never use a big word when a diminutive alternative would suffice.
8. Subject and verb always has to agree.
9. Be more or less specific.
10. Placing a comma between subject and predicate, is not correct.