- Thanks @JoCoWash I have neglected this twitter account. Find me please at @gwdcal . I appreciate the shout out! twitter.com/JoCoWash/statu… 2 months ago
- @FoxNews Those who represent this mentality, including the left handed media, are the reason democrats are not taken seriously anymore. 2 months ago
- A Minute with the Mayor: Greenwoodian attempts World Record for Burpees | Greenwood Calendar wp.me/pcPTE-Nb 2 years ago
- Singer-song writer Walter Salas-Humara to play Sundance greenwoodcalendar.com/event/singer-s… via @gwdcal 3 years ago
- This is Honeybone greenwoodcalendar.com/this-is-honeyb… 3 years ago
Grammar GroupJoin the Gang!
- Effective Practices For Getting Readers To Return To Your Blog
- A Minute with the Mayor: Greenwoodian attempts World Record for Burpees | Greenwood Calendar
- Zombie’s Out and About in Greenwood
- Media: Big Business or Fourth Estate
- Enjoy popcorn without all that hassle
- Gravity? BUSTED!
- Blogging: Keep ’em coming back for more!
- Dr. Rob Retro Show – Special Edition
- Rob’s Selected Silly Stuff
- When the children cry let them know we tried
- Court takes “Supreme” too literally
- Wok this way
- Do something nice for yourself today
- I’m Ba-ack
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Daily Archives: April 1, 2008
Abacot: This word is said not to exist. Generations of reference books once included this term, including the first edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannia, dated 1771: “the name of an ancient cap of state worn by the kings of England, … Continue reading
1. Always avoid alliteration. 2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with. 3. Avoid cliches like the plague—they’re old hat. 4. Employ the vernacular. 5. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc. 6. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary. 7. Parenthetical … Continue reading
Did you know that the moon is moving away from Earth? Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts. People spend about two weeks of their lives at traffic lights! Fewer than half of the 16,200 major league baseball players have … Continue reading
When writing, think visually To be engaging as a writer, continually ask yourself — can my readers visualize what I am trying to communicate. The journalist’s maxim: Show, don’t tell will take you a long way to accomplish effective writing. Consider the … Continue reading