Preview the questions; then take the quiz
Choose precisely the right word in the following:
1. What was the (affect/effect) of the victory?
2. (Because/Since) he lied, he was expelled.
3. We need to go four miles (further/farther) before we make camp.
4. The prisoners (alluded/eluded) the guard.
5. Sentences with (less/fewer) words are easier to understand.
6. Any spelling is (all right, alright).
7. My desk is different (from/than) yours.
8. (Because, While) that was not the case, John continued to believe it.
9. I am (anxious, eager) to learn all I can.
10. The weather changes (continually, continuously).